Skip to main content

LET GO OF THE PAST

Have you ever had any experience that made you ask questions like "why me?", "why is this happening to me now?", "why am I going through pains as severe as this?" etc. Well this is life and things don't go according to our plans or desires, and when something negative happens, we are moved, shattered, upset and sometimes even resentful to a point of pain and suffering. It surprises me that some people hold on to a handful of negative experiences and bad memories from the past when there is so much to appreciate and be thankful for, I am also guilty of this ooo. You have to let go in other not to allow it haunt you or limit you from achieving your desired goals. We've all been hurt one way or the other, everyone as long as you are a teen or an adult has experienced some kind of emotional pain in our lives but you shouldn't sit and ruminate endlessly about the past which you can not change.
Five Ways To Let Go Of The Past:
  1. Make Decision To Let Go: Things won't disappear on their own, you need to make the commitment to "let it go". Making the decision to let go means accepting you have a choice to let go and you are willing to let go. You stop reliving the past pain, to stop going over details of the way you were hurt every time.
  2. Express Your Pain: Some of us at times can never be cool if we don't pour out our mind, so express your pain either by talking to a close friend, relatives, write a letter or any way that you can use to get the pain out of your system but not to the person that hurt you because that will only bring back unwanted memories.
  3. Stop Being The Victim: You have the choice to continue to feel bad over another person's action to you but don't let this go on for long, stop feeling pity for yourself, stop being the victim. You need to take responsibility for your happiness my dear
  4. Focus On The Present: When you focus on the present, you have less time to think about the past. When the past creep into your consciousness  as this will happen once in a while, don't think about it for long and get yourself back together and focus on the present and probably the future.
  5. Forgive Those who Have Hurt You: Everyone deserves our forgiveness, sometimes due to the gravity at which we are hurt, it's always hard to imagine forgiveness but if you have followed the first 4 steps above then it will be pretty easy for you to forgive those who hurt you and forgive yourself as well. To be able to forgive others shows how strong you really are, don't forget that.
Do yourself a big favor by letting go of the past pain or any past negative experience. Do something different today and welcome happiness back into your life. Don't forget that the PAST doesn't count, it is the PRESENT and the FUTURE that counts.
I hope you've learnt something new today? And I sincerely want to apologize for my inability to post this yesterday, the network was not smiling with moi. Don't forget to start having fun as it is the beginning of the weekend. A special shoutout to my No.1 fan OMA....Love you much. Have a great day and Olamide loves you all.


Comments

  1. I have a question... When we let go sometimes .. It happens to be dat we end up hurting a person and in this case it is mostly related to love matters .. How do we keep being friends or even manage to related with person from the past .. Cos even God said we shud be of good cheer to everyone ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear, who is the person you might end up hurting when you let go? Anyone who get hurt with the fact that you are moving on with your life after experiencing pain definitely doesn't mean well for you. Except if I don't get that point very well. In situations of love like you mentioned, once you've decided to let go and the letting go is genuine from your heart, you find it easy to forgive the person and accept the person as just a mutual friend,if the need be. I've got someone that things didn't work out between us and we are still good friends. Like I use to say "your ability to move on shows how strong you are" and the ability for u to be friends again with the person that hurt you shows you are not a weakly and you can overcome any situations you might face in life. Being friends with the person isn't really a problem as long as you have forgiven the person and you have moved on genuinely. I hope I was able to answer your question dearie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madam Yemi. I have a friend, he has a girlfriend which he loves and she even love him more than he does. But he fears that his absence from her for a long time might cause him to love her less and later fade. So he feels he doesn't deserve her. Please how can he explain things to her now before it gets to that stage. Cause I personally don't know what to tell him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Errm am not a kind of love expert here but I will try with my little experience. First I don't think distance should be a barrier to their relationship if they really love each other as you claimed. But even at that I will suggest your friend should try and explain his fears to his girlfriend and probably try to talk things out, so even if anything happens after he's gone which I don't pray for, she won't be in so much shock. But I honestly don't think distance should hinder their relationship if they sincerely love each other. Also the stage of the relationship really does matter, if they have been together for long then he shouldn't be thinking like he's doing now. Hope I am able to help? Do get back to me though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HARSH REALITIES OF LIFE

Somebody said "Life is Strange". I said "Life is full of ups and downs, nothing is ever straight or easy to come by in this life. That is why everyone is struggling to have a better life for himself at least". somebody said "Many get lost in the struggle of life, Many lose their lives in the process, many sell their souls to make it and only few overcome the harsh realities of life and become victorious at the end". I said "We just need to trend softly in the journey of life, take each day as it comes, prepare for any uncertainties and hope to be one of the few that will overcome life and be victors". That was the conversation between someone and I, when I saw this picture on his Display Picture. It is true that we sit down, make plans, wonderful plans and imagine how we will go about the plans. sincerely no one can tell me that when he is making out plans he also added some rough plans or hard situations he wants to encounter in the process

MY FUTURE

So I sit to ponder on what the future holds for me even after rounding up my Degree Program. I sit to imagine what the next step will be. I sit to think of where am coming from, where I am and where am heading to. I sit to think of what determines my future, and I realized that; My past doesn't determine my future. My background doesn't determine my future. My academic achievements doesn't determine my future. My friends neither the company I keep determines my future. My social life doesn't determine my future. Situations that arises both in the past , and present doesn't determine my future My worldly possessions and achievements doesn't determine my future. My beauty nor brain does not determine my future. Fame and wealth does not and will never determine my future. What people say or what will people say does not determine my future.   So then I thought, what really determines my future? And then I realized that; My future is determined by th